Thursday, May 8, 2014

Guest designer at Jenni Bowlin Studio - Project #4

What do you do when you've made 3 layouts and a mini-album but still have some yummy product left? Why, you make another page, of course.

I only had a few scraps of supplies left from Jenni's kits at this point, but I wanted to see if I could challenge myself to make one more project. I first considered a card, but I didn't have any good ideas, so I decided to switch my focus to making a layout.

As I looked through my printed photos, I found these 3 X 4 prints of Kelsey's dance classes from this school year. I thought it might be fun to make a layout about her as a dance teacher. Since I had so little paper left, I stuck with 8.5 X 11. 

This time around, the ticket paper does have a thematic link to the photos since most of these students will perform in the recital at the end of the year. I'm loving the combination of aqua and pink/red in the paper and embellishments; conveniently enough, her students were also wearing shades of pink and blue. Funny how that worked out, right?

I thought the doilies felt a little bit like tutus and helped soften the white cardstock that I used as a base for the layout.  It's hard to tell here, but the title block is popped up a bit to add some depth and dimension to the overall piece.


Happy scrapping!

1 comment: